40th birthday cards do not need to be dull. In fact, this is the best time to add lots of bling bling and use brighter colours. For this birthday card, I decided to use a beautiful pink cardstock layered over a white blank card.
Not wanting the pink to be too overbearing, another piece of white card is layered over the pink leaving a narrow margin of about 0.5 cm.
Have a look at the finished Happy 40th Birthday card.
The photo above is not doing the card justice because the lighting is all wrong. It's supposed to be pink but here, it looks more red than pink:-0
Okay, this is how it's done.
1. 21cm x 13.5cm white card folded into half -> 10.5cm x 13.5cm
2. 10cm x 13cm pink card
3. A4 or letter size white card
4. 3 dark pink bling bling (gems)
5. glitter glue
6. glue or double-sided tape
7. double-sided foam tape
8. colored pencils (I use Prismacolor)
11. trimmer for cutting card stock.
12. black fine marker
13. A4 or Letter size sheet of white card
14. Card Template (zip) - you can make 2 cards (refer to diagram below) - the extra numbers are for layering on top to get a 3D effect.
1. Apply double-sided tape or glue to back of pink card and layer over white folded card leaving a narrow margin all around.
2. Download Birthday Card template and print onto a sheet of white cardstock.
3. Cut out the 9cm x 12cm design card.
4. Layer the 9cm x 12cm white printed card onto the pink card (refer step #1)
5. Doodle wavy lines inside the number '4' and circles inside '0'
6. Colour the number 40 with colored pencils and add glitter glue to candles and doodles inside '40'
7. Leave to dry thoroughly.
8. Trim around the number '40' with a pair of scissors.
9. Apply double-sided foam tape behind the number and paste over the number '40' on the white card for a 3D effect.
10. Add the deep pink gems on top of the 3 circles below the word FABULOUS.
If you don't have any gems to apply to the 3 circles below the word FABULOUS, just use a pink glitter glue or gel pen to colour inside the circles.
That's it! I hope you enjoy making this 40th Birthday Greeting card.
So what do you think about this handmade card?
Do you have anything to share or suggest?
Or any questions...?
Let me know. I love to hear from you.
Just add your comment below.